Apple Mac Training with The Dorset Mac Man
Making the most of your Mac hardware.
This course explains to users the functions and features of the computer they are using, and how to get the most from it. It is aimed and the home/business user who has or would like to go further than just a single stand alone computer, how to setup and maintain your hardware connections, and how to diagnose problems and manage disaster recovery.
- Macbook Pro
- Macbook Air
- Mac Pro
- Airport Extreme and Express
- Time Capsule
- Ethernet RJ45
- Airport and Wireles networking
- Displays via VGA/DVI and Thunderbolt
What is covered in the course
- Turning your mac on and off
- Connecting external devices from keyboards and mice to printers/scanners
- Connecting network devices, ADSL routers (wired and wireless)
- Using your mac with digital or video cameras
- Connecting iOs devices, iPhone, iPads and iPods.
- Backing up your data and files
- Connecting to other devises in Target Disk Mode
- Sharing your data with other computers
- Sharing your hardware with other computers
Making the most of your Mac
- Installing extra RAM or adding more DATA storage space
- Getting the best performance by routine maintenance
- Verifying and repairing system permissions
- Using activity monitor
Diagnosing and solving Hardware Issues
- The warning signs that things are not right
- Making use of the Recovery Partition
- Disk Utility
- Safe Boot
- Single user mode.
If all else fails
How to get your data quickly and safely off your machine
As this course involves the interaction of your computer with other devices it is beneficial for the tuition to take place on your premises.
To book this seminar, or to find out more about Training opportunities please contact us